As we offer unto the Lord our family and our personal prayers, let us do so with faith and trust in Him. President Thomas S. Monson.
As the end of 2009 approached, I realized that with the possible changes to my family and the growing needs of my family, I needed to be home more. I love my 911 Dispatch Job, but Shift work was keeping me from my family, and any changes which may be needed. I still need to contribute to our budget, so I requested to be a reserve dispatcher, and go part-time. I knew that this would stretch our budget, but at the same time Lani had an opportunity to go full time at this job, and with this I knew we could squeeze by. I continued to look for another job, which was not every weekend and nights. I put in for two jobs, one for the City of Saratoga and one for the City of Provo. Even though I was qualified for both jobs, I did not obtain these positions. As I was searching for a job in Yahoo Hot Jobs, I entered the word "Administrative" to find any jobs for Administrative Assistants. Up popped a job for an Administrative Assistant Communication's Specialist. This perked my attention, as a public safety dispatcher is considered a Communication's Specialist. I read on and discovered this was a dispatch position in American Fork. I was delighted and went online to see what kind of company this was. It was an Air Ambulance Company based in the four corners area, and the reservation in that area. I was delighted, I know the Four Corners area, I used to dispatch for Apache County which is in the four corners on the Arizona side. I called the company, and they asked for my resume as they were going over them the next day. I emailed my resume right away, and they called me in a couple of days for an interview. I found out on Monday that the job at the City of Provo did not pan out, and I was a little disappointed as I could have kept all my benefits I was getting while working at the police department there. But then I went to the interview with the Air Ambulance Co., and inside I was a lot more interested in the job with the Air Ambulance, as I love dispatch and this would be in that field.
I think I was the first interviewee they had, and as I met with the Presidents of the company and the Communication's Manager, I was thrilled! They advised the job was actually for an Air Ambulance based out of Alaska! ALASKA! I love Alaska, as I lived there seven years and dispatched for the Kenai Police Department when I lived there. I couldn't believe it, they want me to dispatch an Alaska Air Ambulance and live here in Utah, and their new Corporate Headquarters and Communication's Center were closer than the City of Provo. Then they said they also own an air ambulance in Hawaii. Can you believe that, Hawaii. They told me they started in the four corners area, bought the Air Ambulance Company in Alaska, and then one in Hawaii. I told them, my story was similar. I started dispatching in the four corners area, Apache County, moved to Alaska to dispatch for the Kenai Police Department, and then I married a Hawaiian.
They hired me, and I will dispatch for the Alaskan Air Ambulance, and I will be day shift and will have every-other weekend off. I could not have picked a more perfect job.. And with my love of flying, I always wanted to be a pilot, they are going to fly me to Blanding Utah for my training until they get their Headquarters moved up here to the Point of the Mountain.
I prayed about my choices, knew I had to make a change in my employment, so I took a leap of faith, and Heavenly Father blessed me with this new job. One night when I was crying due to sleep deprivation because of my graveyard shift, my husband asked why I was crying, and I said because of my job. He said, you need to quit. I said that has been determined I just don't know when. Then I realized I knew a change had to be made, and for the right reasons. I made the change with faith, and Heavenly Father has blessed me beyond measure. My grand-kids have been able to spend the night two weekends in a row.. This is like a blessing in itself.. I have missed them so...
I will let you know about my new job, as my first day is Monday..
Thank You Father in Heaven.. and thank you Lani for all your support in this change.. I love you so much...
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that is sooo cool. i hadnt heard about your new job yet. it sounds perfect and so so fun. will you still be reserving with us?
Post a Comment