Sunday, August 22, 2010

More catching up: Mount McKinley Flights...

            While we were in Alaska for training, one of the King Air's had to be taken up for a pressurization test.  Craig made it possible for us to fly with Matt.  Matt took us all three up, and I was the lucky one who got to sit in the front with Matt as he flew. He took us up to 28000 feet, then around Mount McKinley, at 17000 feet.  We flew around Mount McKinley... It was so beautiful... And of course Mount McKinley is the highest mountain in North America, so it was wonderful!!!!  The pilot above is Matt... Later we went on a medical flight with Jay, and he also took us around Mount McKinley on our return trip from Anchorage to Fairbanks.  These are the pictures I took of Mount McKinley... Or Denali as the Indians call itAthabaskan for "The High One"  Mount McKinley has a larger bulk and rise than Mount Everest, although the summit of Everest is higher at 29,029 feet (8,848 m).        Instruments of the King Air...Stacey and Raina.     One of our first looks at Mount McKinley in the air.
       Can you see the beauty here of the glaciers?      The King Air medical ambulance in Alaska.... King Air 200.            This is Jay, he is cleaning the plane... I noticed he had a true love for his plane.  Both the pilots were great, and I appreciate all the help they gave to us!
         Mount McKinley's peak... BEAUTY.
   Me in the right seat!!!  TWICE!

No comments: