Tuesday, September 28, 2010
My 53rd Birthday
Well this last Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010, was my 53rd Birthday. We went to Zion and Bryce the day before, so we could sleep in our own bed and go to church on Sunday, since it was the Primary program we got to sit together in church... Yipee... Well, since Lani was already at the church, for his early meeting, I decided it was such a pretty day I would walk. I put on my sensible heels, not my really high heels, and took off walking. I was not late, had plenty of time to walk, so I took my time and enjoyed the scenery, walked right by the lake. As I walked along on the nice asphalt path provided for us, I stepped wrong, unsure how or why, and then my heel went one way, my shoe went the other, and I fell. That is right, flat on my side so I skinned my knee and had marks on my hand from catching myself. Of course everyone was driving to the church, so many cars stopped and many people walking stopped. I was very embarassed, especially since I couldn't get right up, as my ankle was in a lot of pain. I sat for a moment, then when it felt like I could put weight on it, I stood up with the help of two or my fellow ward members, these brothers were so helpful. They gave me a ride to church, and I stayed for Sacrament. After Sacrament I noticed my ankle was extremely swollen. I went right home, and put ice on it. But after Lani got home, I could not put any weight on it without a lot of pain, so I spent the afternoon in the ER. Just what I wanted to do with my swollen ankle. But I was so lucky, as it was just sprained, according to the Doctor, 2nd degree sprain. I went home, took some loritab and slept pain free for a few hours. I am so blessed to have my family with me, Jami made me cookies and the grandkids waited on me. Now I am in a hard splint! Walking and driving and working, so blessed it was not broken and do not need surgery. Life is good!!!! Thanks goodness I have healthy legs and I can still walk and run and have fun....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
soooo sad..
at least it isnt broken!
happy birthday
Post a Comment