While I was posting my last post, (early morning hours on Wednesday Nov. 18, 2009) I saw a bright light fill the room, through my blinds. It was just after midnight, and there are no roads in front or beside my house, as I live up inside a cul-de-sac. So this concerned me. I got up and looked out all the windows, but did not see anything. About 4 minutes later, I heard an explosion. This really concerned me, but then we have a dynamite factory in our town, and we live close to Camp Williams where they have training for the National Guard, and often they use artillery. So I thought, hmmm, night training. I looked out all my windows and did not see anything unusual, and then went to bed for the night, after finishing my post. Well, when I awoke I discovered it was a meteor. Scary.. But it was so far away, although it was almost overhead, it was over 300 miles high when it hit the atmosphere, that is the reason for the time lapse in the bright light and the explosion. It broke up in the atmosphere, and NASA does not think any of the rock from the meteor hit the earth. Wonderful to know. Above is a picture taken from a surveillance camera of the meteor, and this was in Lehi, which borders Saratoga Springs...
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
im so sad we missed it!! didnt even know about it til the next day...
Thanks for the comment. I am not sure what kind of camera she uses. I will have to ask her and get back to you. By the way Anthony saw the meteor..crazy!
Post a Comment