Saturday, July 2, 2011

Family Temple Work



Mom and Dad in the 1940s, after World War II
  Today Lani and I went to the American Fork Temple, and finished my family work.  My Dad, Oris Edward Alsbrooks, had never joined the LDS Church, although when I asked him about it he would say, "If I ever join a church, it would be the Mormon Church."  He was born in 1924 and died in 1989.  My Mother, Ruth Zufelt, was baptised a member of the church in her youth, but she was not active since high school.  My Mom passed away in 2000, just three months before Amity was born.  They married in 1945, and they adopted me in 1957, they brought me home from the hospital.  They loved me and raised me as their own.

On July 3, 1997 Grant was baptised for my Dad in the Provo Temple, Grant was 12.  Today on Grant's 26th Birthday, both my Dad and Mom's temple work is complete.  Today my Mom's endownments were done, and my Mom and Dad were sealed together.  I was then sealed to my parents.  Then my Mom was sealed to her parents.  My Dad was sealed to his parents in 2005 in the Reno Temple, I am not sure who did his work there.

This was a very special day to me, and my wonderful husband Lani was proxy for my Dad today.  I am so blessed in so many ways... I have had teary eyes all day... Tears of happiness!

No comments: