Thursday, July 9, 2009


Tonight Lani sang for a single's group who were having a Patriotic program. He had a hard choice picking between "God Bless The USA" and "God Bless America", but in the end he chose "God Bless The USA" with a little help from me. Laura Wilson of our ward accompanied him. He sounded awesome, he is so much better live. As he sang my eyes welled up, and I realized just how beautiful this song is. Lani is so talented, and I am so blessed that he is my husband. I forgot my video camera, so here is a link to his You Tube video of this beautiful song, I could not get this computer to download it for some reason. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGpUnmQIvs



Lani preferenced his song with a story of our family, of the history our family has of military service. He mentioned his grandfather serving in World War I, his father served in the Korean War, and Lani served in the first Gulf War. He then told of my father, who served in World War II, and how he received two purple hearts. He had my Dad's flag on the piano as he sang, this is the flag which was on my Dad's coffin. Not too many eyes were dry as he sang, and I was so proud to have this legacy in our family. He referred to my Dad as his "Father In Law", even though he has never met my Dad, he knows we are an eternal family, and our legacy will go on. I love my Dad and I love my husband. I do know God does bless this USA, and he blesses me too.

The above picture shows my Dad's flag and his two purple hearts. Because of brave men like my Dad, this country is free, we have the freedom to choose. I wish my Dad could have known Lani, he would have loved Lani, and I know Lani loves my Dad.

No comments: